BRAXTON HILL CAPTIVATING MASS ATTENTION IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY
• What first got you into music?
My parents are great singers and my dad use to DJ so I’ve always been around music one way or another.
• Who inspired you to make music?
There was a kid in middle school who rapped as a joke and everyone thought it was hard. I knew that I could do better than that so I started writing and recording and it became a passion. I wouldn’t say he necessarily inspired me but it was a spark that lit the flame.
• How would you describe the music that you typically create?
Rap music but I’m always looking to expand.
• What is your creative process like?
Find a beat or create a beat. Mumble and freestyle over it. Then create lyrics off of that. Sometimes I just get bars in my head and write em down and I’ll use those too.
• Who would you most like to collaborate with?
WHATUPRG or JID
• If you could go open a show for any artist who would it be?
I really would open for anyone I’ve never done a live show before.
• What is one message you would give to your fans?
Be uncomfortable, embrace change, stay faithful.
• What is the most useless talent you have?
I can make my vision blurry like a switch and turn it on and off.
• Do you sing in the shower? What songs?
Yes, change gonna come by Sam Cooke and Tennessee Whiskey by Chris Stapleton pretty much anything soulful.
• What would you be doing right now, if it wasn’t for your music career?
Probably could’ve played juco or NAIA football
• Where have you performed? What are your favorite and least favorite venues? Do you have any upcoming shows?
Never done a live show with my music
• How do you feel the Internet has impacted the music business?
Mostly positive it’s created a wave for people who need to be heard are heard
• What is your favorite song to perform?
A song I would like to preform is Cool
• Which famous musicians do you admire?
Kanye West from a musical stand point
• What is the most trouble you’ve ever gotten into?
Kept my nose clean, maybe grounded for a month
• What is the best advice you’ve been given?
To follow God in anything you do
• If you could change anything about the industry, what would it be?
Change the culture
• What’s next for you?
Turn music into my job
© 2023, Logan. All rights reserved.